RE: Japanese RTL (was RE: Mongolian (was RE: Syriac and

From: Tiro Typeworks (tiro@tiro.com)
Date: Thu Jan 13 2000 - 12:38:41 EST

On Thu, 13 Jan 2000, Michael Everson wrote:

> >The distinguishing book of the 2nd of the 'big 3' was written LTR, in Greek.

> Dunno why you used the word "distinguishing" here. The three books (and the
> Hebrew Tanakh is really a trilogy) are all quite distinct.

The New Testament is the distinguishing text of Christianity. There are
other differences, of course, in the canons of the Jewish and Christian
scriptures, but it is belief in the message of the New Testament which
distinguishes Christians as such.

Since Marion is already struggling under the weight of messages from this
list, I advise you not to get me started on theology.

John Hudson

Tiro Typeworks
Vancouver, BC
www.tiro.com