Re: Unicode 3.0 press statements

From: John Cowan (jcowan@reutershealth.com)
Date: Thu Jan 20 2000 - 13:39:33 EST

"Mark E. Davis" wrote:

> Out of curiosity, which characters are missing from Unicode for Cyrillic
> Kurdish?

Mr. Everson and I believe that the use of Latin characters in Cyrillic
Kurdish is a violation of the script-separation principle. We don't
merge Latin and Cyrillic A, so why Latin and Cyrillic Q? That's
even apart from the fact that Cyrillic Q has glyph variants that
are outside the plausible range of Latin Q.

--

Schlingt dreifach einen Kreis vom dies! || John Cowan <jcowan@reutershealth.com> Schliesst euer Aug vor heiliger Schau, || http://www.reutershealth.com Denn er genoss vom Honig-Tau, || http://www.ccil.org/~cowan Und trank die Milch vom Paradies. -- Coleridge (tr. Politzer)