FW: Do not open email with "check this" subject line it is a virus...

From: Massimo Fuchs (mfuchs@worldpoint.com)
Date: Mon Jan 24 2000 - 18:24:28 EST

To everybody that got my mail with "check this" (your email was in my
address book).

This is the explanation from the originator from whom I got the virus
myself. I had my IS department check the logs. Fortunately, you did not get
the nasty attachment in what the macro sent out from my box, so you
shouldn't have to worry. ;-)

Network Associates reports on the LINK.VBS virus at
http://vil.nai.com/vil/vbs10225.asp. It is nasty, but does not seem to do
lasting damage.

Sorry from my side for this....

Best, Massimo

-----

Do not open any email with "check this" in the subject title. Sorry about
the problem. It seems this email originated from Trados. I thought it was
legit. When I opened and it asked me to install XXX links I pressed "NO" -
but obviously that did not stop the spread of the virus.

I apologize if this has caused any problems. Please forward to anyone in
your address book if you have executed this program.

                                                        Jim Hargrave/Globalsight