Re: 100%

From: Rick McGowan (rmcgowan@apple.com)
Date: Wed Jan 26 2000 - 15:08:57 EST

> > Nakhi- Yunnan, China, 230 thousand people [page 217]
> Naxi script is not in Unicode 3.0

Oh you mean NAXI! or "Moso" as it's also called. This is a non-Han
ideographic script that is in current use. The scholars in China should
probably propose it for encoding -- the definitive investigative and
descriptive work is in Chinese. The only books in this script that I've ever
seen were kindly loaned to me by Lars Fredriksson (Royal Library, Stockholm)
some years ago. Published in the mid-1970s, if I recall correctly. Printed
from hand-drawn printing plates. As far as I know, no moveable type has
ever been made for Naxi.

No proposal now exists for encoding, and it is unlikely to be encoded in the
next 5 years.

        Rick