Re: AppleWorks and ATSUI

From: Deborah Goldsmith (goldsmith@apple.com)
Date: Wed Jan 26 2000 - 21:02:06 EST

(I tried sending this a couple of weeks ago with the JPEG image inline, and
the Unicode list rejected it. Here it is again with the JPEG at a URL.)

on 1/7/2000 11:19 AM, Elbrecht <elbrecht@csi.com> wrote:

> BTW is there any chance to activate keyboard menu items: Extented Roman
> (U)
> and: Unicode Hex Input?
> While using Mac OS 9 I keep wondering about these gray emminent dummies!

Those are Unicode-only keyboards, and so only work with applications that
accept Unicode input directly. That feature was introduced in TSM 1.5, back
in OS 8.5. Of course, MLTE uses Unicode input, and so those keyboards are
available in any MLTE application.

The hex keyboard is like the standard US one, but if you hold the option key
down you can type 4 hex digits to produce any Unicode code point. The
extended Roman keyboard is pretty much as its name implies. I've published a
JPEG image illustrating its layout at:

<http://homepage.mac.com/goldsmit/.Pictures/ExtendedRoman.jpg>

I hope this helps...

Deborah Goldsmith