RE: 8859-1, 8859-15, 1252 and Euro (bis)

From: Marco.Cimarosti@icl.com
Date: Wed Feb 09 2000 - 11:02:09 EST

Alain LaBonté wrote:
>...I receive a MIME-tagged header indicating Windows-1252 (it happens
>everyday, usually from Outlook as a lot of my correspondents use this very
>fine package too), it does not get decoded.
>I then say to my correspondents to use 8-bit encoding even in headers
>(turn off QP option)...

Talking about Outlook (97 and 2000), anyone knows how I can specify a MIME
character set to be used for outgoing mails? I would like to use UTF-8, if
possible.

Alain LaBonté wrote:
>Example of horror stories:
>>To: =?Windows-1252?Q?Alain_LaBont=E9?= <alb@riq.qc.ca>
>>Subject: =?Windows-1252?Q?Papier_=E0_lettre?=

A friend of mine is experiencing a similar nightmare. Any clue as to why the
Subject and other fields are "corrupted" this way?

Can something be done on the receipient's end, without asking the senders to
change their MIME options? (My friend is managing an international mailing
list, so it would be quite troublesome to ask all the subscribers to do
this).

Ciao.
Marco