Re: 8859-1, 8859-15, 1252 and Euro

From: Roozbeh Pournader (roozbeh@sina.sharif.ac.ir)
Date: Thu Feb 10 2000 - 16:20:40 EST

On Thu, 10 Feb 2000, Erik van der Poel wrote:

> I don't know how many people still use xterm to process email and HTML
> documents, but I suspect they are a minority by now.

Please let's try to support the minority also. That's the reason behind
wide support of Mac and Linux. Aren't they the minority?

As an example, there was a time I was using Netscape for reading email,
but recently, I have returned to pine.

> I believe the more recent versions of xterm support UTF-8.

Yes. But it's not widely used. Users usually install all that's available
from their Linux distribution CD. And few distributions include that new
xterm.