Re: Vulgar fractions (was: 8859-1, 8859-15, 1252 and Euro)

From: Gary L. Wade (garywade@desisoftsystems.com)
Date: Fri Feb 11 2000 - 17:33:53 EST

You know, I enjoy reading the 90% ranting that occurs on this list like
the next person, but maybe we should increase the 10% of useful
discussion to things like, "Do we have encodings for the repeten digits
to handle cases as mentioned below?"

I had to return the copy of Unicode 2.0 I had and am anxiously awaiting
the publication of Unicode 3.0, so I can't adequately look this up right
now. If we don't, maybe we should add these.

FYI, the repeten digits (or whatever others call them) are the
representations of the digits that denote that a digit repeats
infinitely. For example, the graphic representation of 7 1/3 would look
like 7.333 with a horizontal bar above the rightmost "3".

--
Gary L. Wade
Product Development Consultant