RE: Korean line breaking rules : Unicode 3.0 (p. 124)

From: Rick McGowan (rmcgowan@apple.com)
Date: Thu Mar 02 2000 - 13:58:07 EST

I think that unfortunately both Hoon Kim and Jungshik Shin I think have
*entirely* mis-interpreted the text. The text says:

U3.0> for example, lines may be broken either at spaces(as in Latin
U3.0> text) or U3.0 on ideographic boundaries (as in Chinese).

The word "or" on the second line would never be interpreted as an "exclusive
or", it is an "inclusive or". In "C Language" syntax, it means "A|B"; it
does not mean "A^B".

In that light, some of their previous comments should probably be re-examined.

        Rick