Hangzhou-style numerals

From: Otto Stolz (Otto.Stolz@uni-konstanz.de)
Date: Thu Mar 09 2000 - 06:26:00 EST

Hello,

I am still waiting for my copy of TUS 3.0, so the following
questions are based on my copy of TUS 2.0. If these questions
are already answered in TUS 3.0, then a short reply saying so
would suffice; otherwise, some amendmends should be made in
the forthcoming version of The Unicode Standard.

Also, I do know next to nothing about the CJK writing system(s),
just made a few observations, when I looked at pages 7-218, 7-219,
and 7-256 of TUS 2.0.

- Is there any difference (and, if so, what) between the following
  Hangzhou-style numerals and "ordinary" CJK characters?
  U+3021 vs. U+4E28
  U+3024 vs. U+4E42
  U+3026 vs. U+4EA0
  U+3029 vs. U+5973

- Why are there no cross references in the Hangzhou-style Numerals block
  (such as for U+3030, on the same page)? Cf. p. 7-1.

- Would an explanation of these numerals be appropriate on p. 6-94?

Best wishes,
   Otto Stolz

- Are there any more almost-homographs I haven't found?