FW: Characters to unicode representation

From: Magda Danish (Unicode) (v-magdad@microsoft.com)
Date: Wed Apr 05 2000 - 13:58:38 EDT

-----Original Message-----
From: Karsten.Jancke@tlc.de [mailto:Karsten.Jancke@tlc.de]
Sent: Wednesday, April 05, 2000 4:46 AM
To: info@unicode.org
Subject: Characters to unicode representation

Hello unicode team
I just want to know if there is a way to convert a cyrillic string to its
unicode representation :

Consider the following a cyrillic string:

abcd

Then I want to get the unicode representation (e.g.):

\0001\0002\0003\0004

I don't want to look it up in a table (could be very annoying when a large
number of strings is to be converted) but a small module which generates
the unicode values for a given string (or at least a given character) would
be nice...

I need to internationalize a Java program.

Thanks
Karsten Jancke