RE: Same language, two locales

From: Marco.Cimarosti@icl.com
Date: Mon Sep 04 2000 - 03:46:31 EDT

Michael (michka) Kaplan wrote:
> The one irrevocable thing that LCIDs give you is a collation
> choice (the regional options do not allow you to specify a separate
default
> collation choice).

Another important setting that is hard-wired with Windows locale is
language. This affects some standard interface strings like "OK", "Retry"
and "Cancel" and, e.g., the names of months and weekdays, as you can see in
the date below.

This is quite odd, of course, and doesn't seem to take in account that most
countries in the world are multilingual, and most literary languages are
international.

_ Marco