Re: Plane 14 redux (was: Same language, two locales)

From: Michael Everson (everson@egt.ie)
Date: Tue Sep 05 2000 - 07:59:08 EDT

Ar 11:51 -0800 2000-09-02, scríobh John Cowan:
>Its only real competitor is the SIL set, and an effort is underway to
>incorporate it en masse (or nearly so) into the RFC 1766 registry.

I assure you that this will not happen. We have procedures and they must be
followed, and dumping thousands of languages into the IANA registry without
looking at the actual requirements would be a grave mistake.

Michael Everson
RF 1766 Language Tag Reviewer