Re: [unicode] More ways to encode U+FEFF (was: Re: Designing a multilingual

From: David Starner (dvdeug@x8b4e53cd.dhcp.okstate.edu)
Date: Wed Sep 06 2000 - 06:01:59 EDT

On Tue, Jul 18, 2000 at 08:47:41PM -0800, Doug Ewell wrote:
> Not even CLOSE to a complete list. From the forthcoming(1) bestseller
> "The Quadrature of Unicode":
>
> UTF-1: F7 64 4C
> UTF-7: 2B 2F 76 38 2D "+/v8-"
> UTF-7d5: BF FB FF
> UTF-8C1: BB ED DF
> UTF-9: 93 FD FF
> UTF-EBCDIC: DD 73 66 73
> UTF-mu(2): 9F 9B FF
> UCN(3): 5C 75 66 65 66 66 "\ufeff"
> DUCK(4): 81 FE FF

Do any of these actually use an initial BOM in practice? I'm about
to write a Unicode signature detector for Ngeadal, and I may as well
detect anything I can. (And since Ngeadal may end up supporting any
of the above I can get specs on . . .)

--
David Starner - dstarner98@aasaa.ofe.org
http/ftp: dvdeug.dhis.org