This is not UniLocale!

From: Doug Ewell (dewell@compuserve.com)
Date: Mon Sep 18 2000 - 23:33:47 EDT

Mike Ayers <Mike_Ayers@bmc.com> wrote:

> Isn't there a more appropriate forum for the localization
> issues? I might even subscribe. However, let's please move the
> topic to a more appropriate place and let character encoding issues
> comprise at least half the traffic around here.

For my part, I started and have continued the language tag discussion
because of interest in Unicode's (discouraged) Plane 14 language tags.
The spillover discussion on RFC 1766 bis and Ethnologue tags is still
interesting to me (although the POSIX locale discussion is not).

I apologize to those who are getting sick of all this. I agree that
some more genuine Unicode topics would be welcome, though I have none
to contribute at present.

> /"\
> \ / ASCII Ribbon Campaign
> X Against HTML Mail
> / \

A noble cause, and one I support -- however, no more noble than the
Great Crusade to Stamp Out UTF-7 Mail Headers.

-Doug Ewell
 Fullerton, California