Re: Can anyone help me!!!

From: John Cowan (jcowan@reutershealth.com)
Date: Tue Sep 26 2000 - 12:11:11 EDT

Peter_Constable@sil.org wrote:

> (Word
> 2000 may also work, but I know it has certain problems with Thai when
> running on non-Thai versions of Win9x; I don't know for certain that it
> would handle Devanagari.)

Thai is an especially bad case because it needs a full-blast morphological
parser to decide where to break lines, there being no equivalent of word space.
Theoretically, one could use the ZWSP, but there is no equivalent in the
TIS or Windows character sets.

Expecting to get good results on non-Thai Windows with Thai text is probably
asking too much, at least for a while.

--
There is / one art                   || John Cowan <jcowan@reutershealth.com>
no more / no less                    || http://www.reutershealth.com