Is this in Unicode?

From: John Hudson (tiro@tiro.com)
Date: Wed Oct 11 2000 - 13:04:43 EDT

I'm trying to rationalise a strange set of legacy fonts, and have
encountered an odd symbol that I do not recognise. I've browsed through the
likely Unicode blocks, looking for something similar, but have not found
anything. So, here's a chance for the boffins and mavins to show off by
identifying this glyph and telling me if it is a Unicode character (and
which one, please). I have put a small graphic online at

        http://www.tiro.com/transfer/thing.gif

Note that the dashed lines in the graphic are not part of the glyph, they
indicate baseline and sidebearings.

Many thanks,

John Hudson

Tiro Typeworks A man was meant to be doubtful about
Vancouver, BC himself, but undoubting about the truth;
www.tiro.com this has been exactly reversed.
tiro@tiro.com G.K. Chesterton