Re: C Programming for Unicode

From: Helena Shih (hshih@jtcsv.com)
Date: Tue Oct 17 2000 - 18:06:50 EDT

There are a few options, depending what you mean by "supports unicode". If
all you care about the code page conversion so your program can process
Unicode code points, glibc is freely available on many platforms,
http://www.gnu.org.

If your application requires more sophisticated Unicode support such as
collation and word break etc., take a look at ICU,
http://oss.software.ibm.com/icu. It's also freely available on many
interesting environments. Qt also provides a great set of features, again
for free. A more complete list of internatinalization libraries can be
found at http://www.unicode.org/unicode/onlinedat/products.html. Some of
them are commercial products and some not.