Re: FW: code page conversions?

From: Jungshik Shin (jshin@pantheon.yale.edu)
Date: Thu Oct 19 2000 - 00:34:23 EDT

On Wed, 18 Oct 2000, Magda Danish (Unicode) wrote:

> [...]

This should be a FAQ :-). There are several packages. JDK is among
them and ICU <http://oss.software.ibm.com/icu> is another. A standalone
libiconv library <http://clisp.cons.org/~haible/packages-libiconv.html>
can be used (I believe it can be built under Windows 2000/NT/98 although
it might need CygWin?) but I'm afraid it doesn't cover as many Windows
code pages as others. Mozilla has its own converter which can be run
standalone. All of these are freely avaialble. Basis Tech and other
companies must have commercial offerings.

Jungshik Shin