RE: Myanmar Script (1000-109F)

From: Myanmar Triumph International Ltd. (mtil@mptmail.net.mm)
Date: Fri Oct 20 2000 - 04:32:34 EDT

David Starner :

"""Sorry if that last email was harsh. I'm under a bit of stress, and I didn't read your email as close as I could have.""""

Mike, no problem. I have in general studied enuff about unicode and its faqs. What I'm crazy after here is some guidance for someone who is doing some language based on unicode starting from scratch.

I doubt this very much that there is no comment for me out of this mailing list.

Recap:

1. I'm trying to form a National Myanmar Unicode compliant Character/font Set for various platforms but starting from Linux.

2. I'm trying to generate a National Myanmar Unicode compliant Keyboard layout.

3. Has anybody tried Myanmar script before?

I need to know which area I should emphasize more and which area less...to cut my unnecessary non sence checking and kill my bad assumptions.

I apreciate your help.

Thanks.
William W.L.K
(EDP Officer)
Myanamar Triumph International Ltd.
No. 3. Trunk Road, PhyinMaBin Industrial Estate,
MinGaLarDone Township, HtaukKyant P.O.,
Yangon, Myanmar.

On Thu, Oct 19, 2000 at 09:50:13PM -0800, Myanmar Triumph International Ltd. wrote:
> Dear Unicode gurus,
>
> It is really time to ask for help;

Why? After reading your email, I didn't have the foggest what you are trying
to achieve, or what you needed help with. Read the FAQ
( http://www.unicode.org/unicode/faq/ ). Pick up the Unicode book and read
through it. Then come back and ask something specific, and you'll probably
get a much better answer.

--
David Starner - dstarner98@aasaa.ofe.org
http://dvdeug.dhis.org