Re: History of Kazakh characters in Unicode

From: Michael \(michka\) Kaplan (michka@trigeminal.com)
Date: Thu Nov 16 2000 - 00:00:15 EST

Most of these characters came from existing standards that were included in
Unicode, rather than separately requested character additions. There are
some exceptions for Cyrillic, and possibly for Arabic but that one I am not
100% sure about.

But most of them have been there all along based on compatibility with the
orginal ISO 8859, MS, IBM, and other legacy code pages.

michka

a new book on internationalization in VB at
http://www.i18nWithVB.com/