RE: [OT] Localized Persian Windows (was Re: Persian decimal separator)

From: Houman Pournasseh (houmanp@Exchange.Microsoft.com)
Date: Thu Nov 16 2000 - 20:40:43 EST

Microsoft never disclosed Windows source code for localization into
Farsi. We once developed a Farsi version of Windows 3.1 entirely
in-house and shipped it to Iran. We used a vendor for localization but
source bits were never sent to Iran. That product was protected by a
dongle which probably was broken within weeks as you mentioned.
Houman
Microsoft Corporation