Re: Information about curly-tailed phonetic letters

From: Richard Cook (rscook@socrates.Berkeley.EDU)
Date: Thu Nov 23 2000 - 16:27:48 EST

Hi everyone,
This paper, brought to your attention last June

http://stedt.berkeley.edu/pdf/curly-tailed-tdnlcz.pdf
http://stedt.berkeley.edu/pdf/TranscriptionTable-WUZongji.jpg

has been updated recently. Still working on getting the formal
proposal together, and still welcoming comments and/or suggestions.

Best,
Richard

Date: Mon, 5 Jun 2000 14:48:09 -0800 (GMT-0800)
Kenneth Whistler wrote:

> Richard S. Cook, of the STEDT Project at the University
> of California, Berkeley, passes on the following URL's, which
> contain documentation regarding the use of curly-tailed phonetic
> letters in the Sinological and Sino-Tibetan traditions.
>
> --Ken
>
> > Hi there,
> > You may recall that we (on the Unicode list and elsewhere) discussed the
> > issue of certain phonetic transcription characters and their possible
> > inclusion in the Unicode standard. Here is a copy of a paper that I
> > prepared some time ago on this subject.

<old URL's deleted>