Re: List style type names

From: Roozbeh Pournader (roozbeh@sharif.edu)
Date: Fri Nov 24 2000 - 15:23:50 EST

On Fri, 24 Nov 2000, Lars Marius Garshol wrote:

> - are there any other numbering systems that are as commonly used as
> those in this list that ought to be added?

The alternative numbering system to the decimal system used in Iran and
many Arab countries named "abjad" is surely missing. It is based on
an old ordering of the Arabic alphabet, and is considered something like
the equivalent of roman numbering in latin texts. I can provide info on
the numbering system as used in Iran, but I do not anything about the
differences with Arab countries.