Re: Kana and Case (was [totally OT] Unicode terminology)

From: Peter_Constable@sil.org
Date: Mon Nov 27 2000 - 11:35:57 EST

>Meanwhile, have there been any actual
>implementations of Yi based on the
>Unicode encoding?

You can get a Yi font at http://www.sil.org/computing/fonts/silyi/. (Notes:
we don't yet have an input method for this. Also, we had to set some
incorrect codepage bits to keep Office 2000 from substituting other fonts
via font linking for parts of the Yi character range. This issue will be
fixed in Office 10, and we'll be providing a new version of the font that
removes those additional codepage flags.)

I know that the font is being used. I don't know if there are any web pages
with Unicode-encoded Yi data, though.

- Peter

Peter Constable

7500 W. Camp Wisdom Rd., Dallas, TX 75236, USA
Tel: +1 972 708 7485
E-mail: <peter_constable@sil.org>