Re: Unicode and Oracle and ODBC

From: Jianping Yang (Jianping.Yang@oracle.com)
Date: Wed Nov 29 2000 - 20:06:48 EST

Paul,

Both Oracle OLEDB and ODBC drivers does not support NCHAR and NVARCHAR2 data
type in server for Oracle8i. But the latest ODBC driver starting from 8.1.5.6
will support Unicode datatype for ODBC driver as wchar. You can download the
latest ODBC drive driver from OTN:
http://otn.oracle.com/software/utilities/software_index.htm

Just for your info, both OLEDB and ODBC drivers will support NCHAR/NVARCHAR2
data type as reliable Unicode data type in 9i release.

Regards,
Jianping.