Re: sequences and stuff

From: Keld Jørn Simonsen (keld@dkuug.dk)
Date: Thu Nov 30 2000 - 11:43:42 EST

On Thu, Nov 30, 2000 at 07:52:37AM -0800, Brendan Murray/DUB/Lotus wrote:

> Keld Jørn Simonsen <keld@dkuug.dk> wrote:
> > I have no examples off my head on Danish names
> > where "aa" actually means two a-s, pronounced as two sounds.
>
> I know of at least one - what about "Haageman"? That's pronounced (using
> English) "Hay-e-man".

I have not seen that name in Danish before. I would pronounce it
"Håueman" if I saw it on a danish name list. Of cause you can
chose to pronounce your name in a special way.

Anyway, you may have been fooled by the "g" which may be numb,
or pronounced like a short "u". so it is:

Haa-ge-man
Hå ue man

Kind regards
Keld