Re: UCD in XML

From: Mark Davis (mark.davis@us.ibm.com)
Date: Fri May 11 2001 - 19:40:27 EDT

I sent out a message earlier on the list. It's at
http://www.macchiato.com/utc/UCD.zip. I put the version without the IE hack
in there too.

Mark
___
Mark Davis, IBM GCoC, Cupertino
(408) 777-5850 [fax: 5892], mark.davis@us.ibm.com, president@unicode.org
http://maps.yahoo.com/py/maps.py?Pyt=Tmap&addr=10275+N.+De+Anza&csz=95014

ftang@netscape.com (Yung-Fong Tang) on 05-11-2001 15:44:28

To: Mark Davis/Cupertino/IBM@IBMUS
cc: Michel Suignard <michelsu@microsoft.com>, unicode@unicode.org,
      unicore@unicode.org
Subject: Re: UCD in XML

which file are you talking about. I want to try to load it with mozilla

Mark Davis wrote: Michel,

I am glad the file is useful. I generated a version without the hack for
IE, and went to the page: http://msdn.microsoft.com/xml/ and downloaded
MSXML Parser 3.0 Service Pack 1 Release, and installed. Rebooted. Tried to
view the UCD.xml file. Got the message: "

 "The XML page cannot be displayed

 Cannot view XML input using XSL style
 sheet. Please correct the error and then
 click the Refresh button, or try again
 later.

 Invalid unicode character value for this
 platform. Line 32080, Position 14

     <e c='?' n='INTERLINEAR ANNOTATION ANCHOR'"

The offending line in the file appears to be:

<e c='&#xFFF9;' n='INTERLINEAR ANNOTATION ANCHOR'
 gc='Cf' lb='CM' bc='BN'
/>

I then tried my usual remedy: Bow in precisely the correct direction (359°
16' 32" N*), and chant: "O great and mighty µsoft, take pity upon this, the
least of thy servants, and permit his humble computing device to fulfill
its annointed function." To my great disappointment, my pleas went
unheaded. Does my incantation require further refinement?

Mark

* from http://www.macchiato.com/distance
___