[OT] Re: Farsi issues

From: Edward Cherlin (edward.cherlin.sy.67@aya.yale.edu)
Date: Sun May 13 2001 - 02:20:31 EDT

At 10:44 PM +0430 5/12/01, Roozbeh Pournader wrote:
>Personally speaking, I see that US government is
>not punishing our government, but our people.

It is worse than that. US embargoes on trade, travel, and
communication help to keep the targeted governments (North Korea,
Iraq, Cuba, Libya, Burma, etc.) in power by increasing their control
over information and preventing the rise of a serious opposition,
which requires prosperity. As the proverb says, without food there is
no righteousness, and without righteousness there is no food.

>And thanks a lot for all your comments. I now have some ideas to talk to
>government people about.
>
>--roozbeh

Another proverb says, "Walk carefully with the truth under your coat." :-)

--
Edward Cherlin        cherlin@cauce.org
"Everybody believes in universal love--