Oriyan Language

From: Noriaki Inouye (inoue@ks10.sis.co.jp)
Date: Mon Jun 04 2001 - 23:15:16 EDT

Oriyan Language

Hello. I'm interseted in Oriya language a little.
I found a PDF file written in Oriya as follows:
http://www.wbtc.com/articles/bibles/oriya/oriya_nt/Ori40Mt.pdf

I can see some kinds of uniq ligatures on this file.
I think these are not designed in the fonts like Arial Unicode MS,
Lucida Sans Unicode,TITUS Bitstream Unicode,

The expressions in Oriya Language not ordinary,
unusesal, or illegal ?

Are these ligature encoded in the area from U+0B01 to U+0B6F
of the Unicode 3.x Chart Map ?

The map file "u0b00.gif" has many gray squares.
Does it mean there are undisided Oriya charactors?

----
inoue@ks10.sis.co.jp