Re: UTF-16 problems

From: Michael \(michka\) Kaplan (michka@trigeminal.com)
Date: Mon Jun 11 2001 - 21:27:42 EDT

From: "Jianping Yang" <Jianping.Yang@oracle.com>

> Is this the language that should be used in a professional way? I wonder
> how could this happen to the Unicode mail list!

So many linguists afoot, and we will get bogged down in my attempts to
provide a little spice to the subject?

The difference, of course, is that those who are offended will only be
offended for a short time. If UTF-8S were to by some miracle be accepted by
the UTC, implementers will be put out and offended for most of the next
decade.

Trigeminal Software votes for simplicity.

michka