Re: 19th Unicode Conference, September 2001, San Jose, CA, USA

From: Peter_Constable@sil.org
Date: Mon Jun 11 2001 - 23:16:50 EDT

>> * September 10-14, 2001 *
>> * Please note the extra day *
>
>This is a little later in the month than in previous years, at least
>recently, and cuts very close to the ATypI Conference in Copenhagen (Sept.
>20-23, with pre-conference meetings starting on the 18th or 19th). Please
>register this as a lone vote to hold the Unicode Conference as close to
the
>beginning of September as possible in future. I suspect my colleagues on
>the font end of things who attend both conferences would also like a
little
>more breathing space between events. Thank you.

I agree. I scheduled a week-long engagement mid-Sept. expecting from the
past few years IUC to be held the first week of Sept. This has resulted in
a conflict requiring me to adjust travel plans. It also wouldn't hurt to
advertise future dates if they are already set, even if it's too early to
post an entire set of pages for the given event.

- Peter

Peter Constable

7500 W. Camp Wisdom Rd., Dallas, TX 75236, USA
Tel: +1 972 708 7485
E-mail: <peter_constable@sil.org>