Russian Unicode Convertion

From: Vladimir Ivanov (iranorus@online.ru)
Date: Tue Jun 12 2001 - 22:47:07 EDT

Vadim Snurnikov wrote:

> How can I read a text in Unicode (Russian) where every Russian letter
> is represented like that: D=B6 (or similar)? (The e-mail got
> transferred to this format.)

What kind of software is used to get E-mail? I recommend Outlook Express 5.0 and above. It allows you to get Cyrillic messages both in Windows 1251 and/or Unicode. You'd better have Office 2000 on your machine. It installs correct set of default fonts to work with Cyrillic letters.

> Is there a tool to transfer this back into 2-byte-encoding or to any
> other readable form?

I heard that they've invented something at Russian Sofware Club www.rusc.ru but you'd better put such a question directly to their Conference.

Sincerely,
Vladimir Ivanov, iranorus@online.ru