Re: Anyone see this?

From: Michael Everson (everson@indigo.ie)
Date: Sun Sep 02 2001 - 06:51:10 EDT

At 15:47 -0700 2001-09-01, Mark Davis wrote:

>Although not explicitly named by police, the reference was clearly to the
>Klingon Freedom League. Although hidden from public eye, the KFL has been
>growing in power and influence, and has been recently linked to underground
>anti-WTO organizations in Verne, France and Dos Toevsky, Russia.

Would have been more authentic with real city names and without the
unnecessary ", France" and ", Russia".

>Most Klingons do not share these views. For recent immigrants such as
>Dwar'dek Hram

Not an authentic Klingon name, all too obviously. But then I guess
it's "Mark Edward"

>"Unicode programs are more worthy opponents -- with same program for
>all countries, there are not dozens of versions with t'valek flaws
>to assault."

Not a Klingon word, t'valek. Calque on "kvality"?

>The hope is that the majority of Klingons will show restraint in San Jose.
>Prominent Klingon economist and Nobel laureate Nibot Semaj calls for the
>IMF, World Bank and WTO to be strengthened instead

Ditto. Gotta get the names right. Of course it's easier to make a
Jedi name than a Klingon one... This is "James Tobin".

--
Michael Everson