Status of Unicode on Wireless Devices?

From: Daniel Yacob,,, (unicode@geez.org)
Date: Mon Sep 03 2001 - 10:07:26 EDT

Greetings,

I've recently had to work on a headline pusher that would send either
transliterated or utf-8 "alerts" to instant messengers, cell phones, pagers
and any other devices accessible thru an email gateway.

Unfortunately, the extent to which I can test the service is highly limited.
So I was wondering if there might be a survey page lurking somewhere on the
net that indicates the degree of unicode support in the most common wireless
devices?

If you'd like to try out the service and test your own device, the url is
here:

  http://www.ethiozena.net/mobile/

Be aware that the software is still in a beta stage of development. I would
appreciate any insightful feed back. The alerts are generally sent once a
day, six days a week.

/Daniel