Using Unicode fonts for plaintext display on windows 2000

From: Tex Texin (texin@progress.com)
Date: Wed Sep 05 2001 - 14:21:16 EDT

This is probably a quick question for those of you working on Microsoft
platforms.

We want to use Unicode-based controls for data entry and display.
Also, the data is plain text, no embedded signals for font or language
changes. I.E. We can't use Rich text editor.

When we set up to use Arial Unicode MS font, we have to choose a
"script" setting. This seemingly restricts the display so characters
outside of the script do not display correctly.

Is there a value to use for "all scripts" or "multilingual"?
Maybe there is a different API for Unicode font?

How are other people entering and displaying multilingual plain text?

tex

Tex Texin                    Director, International Business
mailto:Texin@Progress.com    Tel: +1-781-280-4271
the Progress Company         Fax: +1-781-280-4655