Re: Using Unicode fonts for plaintext display on windows 2000

From: Tex Texin (texin@progress.com)
Date: Wed Sep 05 2001 - 15:06:22 EDT

Michael,
thanks. The behavior seemed to be that when the font was set to Hebrew
script, Hebrew characters were displayed but Japanese were question
marks. Setting the script to Japanese reversed the behavior, so we
thought it was a script setting issue.

Maybe for some reason we are not setting the font name or some other
setting properly so we are not getting a Unicode font, and the font
mapper is keying off the script. I'll look into it. Thanks for
confirming the script behavior. I thought it odd.

tex