Re: Using Unicode fonts for plaintext display on windows 2000

From: Michael \(michka\) Kaplan (michka@trigeminal.com)
Date: Wed Sep 05 2001 - 21:36:09 EDT

Well, my big guesses:

1) not using the right function get the text in (using WM_SETTEXT via
SendMessageA, TextOutA, ExtTextOutA)

or

2) not creating the window via the right function (using CreateWindowExA)

Those are the only two ways that the script should affect things on Win9x.
Note that VB will actualluy have both of the above problems (which is why
Gary would have had trouble with VB probably) and its also easy to mess up
in C, too - especially when trying to Unicode-enable an existing app.

MichKa

Michael Kaplan
Trigeminal Software, Inc.
http://www.trigeminal.com/