RE: [OT] o-circumflex

From: Carl W. Brown (cbrown@xnetinc.com)
Date: Sat Sep 08 2001 - 10:37:01 EDT

Doug,

That is right. I am concerned that not everyone can view special
characters. I think that having an alphabet that goes for A to Å must be
due to the Danish sense of humor.

I also did not use the ? in ?stanbul.

> I hasten to add that Carl's Spanish example is for the so-called
> "traditional
> sort," in contrast to the "modern sort" in which "ch" sorts simply as "c"
> followed by "h". In many Spanish-speaking communities,
> particularly here in
> Alta California, the simplified "modern" sort is by far the more
> common of
> the two.

Again correct they also use the modern sort here in Muy Alta California as
well as most of the Spanish speaking world.

There also is the differences between ASCII and EBCDIC sorting. Talk about
people who are worlds apart. ;-}

Carl W. Brown
Lafayette, CA