Re: [OT] o-circumflex

From: Mark Davis (mark@macchiato.com)
Date: Sat Sep 08 2001 - 17:45:29 EDT

If you use a Danish tailoring of the UCA that equates Å and AA (at least at
a primary and secondary level), then they will sort the same way. A string
search that uses the same tailoring will also find "Ålborg" when given
"Aalborg" (and vice versa).

Mark

BTW, internationalized string search is one of the features of ICU 2.0 (see
http://www-124.ibm.com/icu/develop/tasks.html). There are a number of
exceptional cases that have to be handled, due to issues with ignorable
characters, Thai & Lao boundaries, canonical equivalence and contractions
(see
http://oss.software.ibm.com/cvs/icu/~checkout~/icuhtml/design/searchproposal
.html).

—————

Πόλλ’ ἠπίστατο ἔργα, κακῶς δ’ ἠπίστατο πάντα — Όμήρου Μαργίτῃ
[http://www.macchiato.com]