Re: Chinese Characters' Code

From: John H. Jenkins (jenkins@apple.com)
Date: Wed Sep 12 2001 - 08:23:41 EDT

At 5:21 AM +0000 9/12/01, Prasad Narwadkar wrote:
>Hi,
>I wanted to know whether the Chinese (cantonese) characters are
>coded in unicode. And where can i find the charts. i searched the
>unicode site, but in vain.

There is not a specific section of the charts flagged as being
Cantonese-specific. If you're looking for Cantonese characters (as
opposed to general Chinese characters), you're pretty much out of
luck. The best you could do would be to search the Unihan database
for characters which have Cantonese pronunciations or which have
Cantonese specified in their definition field or which are derived
from HK SCS.

--
=====
John H. Jenkins