MS Core Fonts and Azeri

From: Herman Ranes (herman@iet.hist.no)
Date: Mon Sep 17 2001 - 04:39:22 EDT

I have observed that MS Core Fonts include glyphs for U+018f (Ə) LATIN
CAPITAL LETTER SCHWA and for U+0259 (ə) LATIN SMALL LETTER SCHWA.
Obviously, they were included for use in Azeri text.

Is it considered correct to use IPA characters like U+0259 in non-IPA
contexts?

On the other hand, MSCF do not include glyphs for u+01dd (ǝ) LATIN SMALL
LETTER TURNED E. In which language(s) is this character used?

Could I have found answers to these questions in the unicode.org website?

-Herman

My installed version of Microsoft Core Fonts is 2.82.

--
Herman Ranes                  Høgskolen i Sør-Trøndelag
                               Avdeling for teknologi