Re: discontent about Indic scripts and Unicode

From: Rick McGowan (rick@unicode.org)
Date: Wed Sep 19 2001 - 12:22:08 EDT

> If ISCII is still being developed does this suggest that Unicode and its ISO
> equivalent move too slowly?

ISCII dates back to 1988 with a revision in 1990. It's not "still being
developed" -- as far as I know, it's a stable standard that is under
routine maintenance.

I wonder if anyone has yet corresponded with the people who put up the
almost unbelievable misconceptions on the two web pages mentioned
yesterday? At least a note could go to the site owners, I would think.

        Rick