unicode v1.1 vs unicode v2.0

From: Oodi Pilzer (oodi.pilzer@east.sun.com)
Date: Wed Sep 19 2001 - 14:03:32 EDT

Hi, I am desperately trying to figure out what are the differences between
unicode v1.1 and v2.0. I of course understand that new characters have been
added and that's fine. But I also understand that some character mappings
have been changed and this could cause problems, as we have different
clients on different versions of unicode trying to pass data to each other.
I don't want different clients to interpret the same unicode value as
different characters. I've searched the unicode.org website and I can't
find a summary of changes between v1.1 and v2.0 for example. Do you know
where I can get this information?

Also if anyone out there is an oracle expert, do you know if an Oracle 8
client can convert AL24UTFFSS character set (UTF8 for unicode v1.1) to UTF8
(for unicode v2.0). An Oracle 8 database server can do this but if the
database is Oracle 7.3x and only supports AL24UTFFSS, can an Oracle 8 client
do the conversion using Oracle functionality?

Thanks for any info.
Oodi