RE: numeric ordering

From: Ayers, Mike (Mike_Ayers@bmc.com)
Date: Thu Sep 20 2001 - 17:04:27 EDT

        I believe that would be because they are not ordinarily sorted that
way.

> Why are they called CJK UNIFIED IDEOGRAPHs, anyway? Only a
> committee would come up with a name like that.

        Beats the stuffing out of your choice of calling them "kanji" in one
half of the sentence and "Han digits" in the next! In any case, that's
probably the only good name, since some of the characters are unique to each
of China, Japan, and Korea; some are used by all three; some are used in
China and Japan, and some by China and Korea (I belive that there are none
which are used in Japan and Korea, but not Chgina, but I could be wrong).

> <ruby><rb>じゅう瘢雹いっちゃん
> Well, I guess what you say is true,
> I could never be the right kind of girl for you,
> I could never be your woman
> - White Town

        It is generally considered good practice to put your signature at
the *bottom*.

/|/|ike