Kana syllables

From: B (11@onna.com)
Date: Fri Sep 21 2001 - 12:14:55 EDT

The small letters are for making like in my fake name. The regular Ri and the small Yu make Ryu.
Some syllables require 2 katakana (or hiragana) symbols.

But the thing is, are "ra gyou" kana to be regarded as having R or L for their consonant?

You can get lots of 2-kana syllables. Like in the title "ranmafankurabu" where "fa" is a Fu with small A. (Actually, in Unicode names, the Fu is called Hu.)

Some Unicode names for kana do not reflect the pronunciation.
The kana Si is usually pronounced Shi, but I think it depends on your dialeect of Japanese. I think it could also be Si.

There are many sources of info on kana on the Web. Look one up.
Heck, I can't even sing fast enough in kana to keep up with the song.

Well, I guess what you say is true,
I could never be the right kind of girl for you,
I could never be your woman
                      - White Town