Re:_=?iso-8859-1?q?=FFp=EBn=EFd=EF=E4=EBr=EFs=E4b=F6v=EB

From: Rick McGowan (rick@unicode.org)
Date: Wed Sep 26 2001 - 14:43:00 EDT

Here we go again... Before everyone goes off and starts blaming Unicode
for bad rendering...

When you render a combining character sequence and it "doesn't look right"
that is not the fault of the Unicode Standard, it is the fault of your
font and/or rendering software (and the people who designed them). So
please don't blame Unicode. A decent font rendered with decent software
should produce decent results for combining character sequences. And when
it _does_ produce decent results, the Unicode Standard can't take credit
for it.

The hyphen & minus with umlaut exemples below look GREAT on the system I'm
running right now. The umlauts are not too high, not too low, but just
right. And they are perfectly centered. Unicode didn't do that; the
software did it.

        Rick