Re: New plane 1 page for testing your browsers

From: Tex Texin (texin@progress.com)
Date: Thu Jan 17 2002 - 09:04:10 EST

Now that the NCR errors are gone, I'll fix any validation errors.
thanks Martin.

Martin Duerst wrote:

> At 21:44 02/01/06 -0800, James Kass wrote:
>
> >Martin Duerst wrote,
>
> > > (I wrote,)
> > > It would be perfectly correct and might even allow the page to
> > > sport one of those "valid-HTML" gifs from W3.
> >
> >But it doesn't. Just tried changing the charset on an NCR Deseret test
> >page from UTF-8 to US-ASCII. Both charsets fail on the W3 validator
> >because the NCRs are out of any recognized range.
>
> This bug has now been fixed in the test version. If you use
>
> http://validator.w3.org:8188/,
> it will validate correctly. The NCR errors are also gone from
> Tex's page, but that page still has quite a few other problems.
>
> If somebody has a page with plane-1 characters in hexadecimal
> NCRs, please check it, too, and tell me whether the validator
> works for these or not.
>
> Regard, Martin.

Tex Texin                    Director, International Business
mailto:Texin@Progress.com    Tel: +1-781-280-4271
the Progress Company         Fax: +1-781-280-4655
For a compelling demonstration for Unicode:
http://www.geocities.com/i18nguy/unicode-example.html