Re: OT: Unicode Humor

From: Tex Texin (texin@progress.com)
Date: Thu Apr 25 2002 - 16:15:36 EDT

Mark,
thanks for the suggestion. But I think it would be too much work for me
at the moment.
(Not making the web page, but explaining to Ken why I wouldn't call
using "SSANGSIOS" for two S's a pun.)
;-)
I did love the two hands one.

Mark, wouldn't it be a good sample page under the transliterator? ;-)

Kenneth Whistler wrote:

> Mark,
>
> > A certain Mr. M. (name withheld to protect the innocent) asked me the
> > following:
> >
> > > Has someone, um, collated any of these before?
> > >
> > > We U+03DA-ize obsolete characters.
>
> Mr. M. presumably meant U+03DA-tize. And no we don't -- we U+A113-U+308C-cate
> them.
>
> > > Out for a U+03DE coffee.
> > > We saw the ballgame at U+03E2 stadium.
> > >

> > Anyone here know if there is someplace where these things would find
> > themselves? Tex?
>
> Find themselves? As in 'he can't find his own U+0F68-U+3146 with U+2F36'?
>
> --U+053F

Tex Texin                    Director, International Business
mailto:Texin@Progress.com    the Progress Company
Tel: +1-781-280-4271         http://www.progress.com
"The world writes in my database!" Progress Exchange 2002
http://www.progress.com/exchange/labs.htm#globalization
Globalization Empowerment for Progress users
http://www.progress.com/consulting/globalization_empowerment_solutions.htm
A compelling demonstration for Unicode:
http://www.i18nguy.com/unicode/unicode-example-intro.html