Re: Finding a font that contains a particular character

From: John H. Jenkins (jenkins@apple.com)
Date: Mon Feb 17 2003 - 12:42:39 EST

    On Monday, February 17, 2003, at 09:36 AM, Alan Wood wrote:

    > Someone recently asked how to find a font that contains a particular
    > Unicode
    > character. I don't have an easy answer, but TrueType Explorer (for
    > Windows)
    > may help:

    On the Mac, BTW, Mac OS X 10.2 or later, you can either use the
    character palette (in the keyboard menu) or install Apple's font tools
    <http://developer.apple.com/fonts> and use ftxinstalledfonts with the
    -U option. Both of these work with astral characters.

    John H. Jenkins
    jenkins@apple.com
    jhjenkins@mac.com
    http://www.tejat.net/